Sports Info and Forms
2020-2021 Sports Information and Medical Forms
ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL WINTER ATHLETES:
Winter sports include Boys/Girls Ice Hockey, Boys/Girls Swimming, Boys/Girls Basketball, Wrestling, Boys/Girls Indoor Track & Field, and Unified Basketball.
Sports participation forms are now being accepted for the 2021-2022 Winter Sports Season. We are now using Genesis to complete the sports sign-up process. All materials are located in the Parent Portal of Genesis under "Forms". There electronic permission forms are now required ONLY ONCE per school year.
Requirements for medical forms and clearance remain the same. The Health History Update Form and/or Pre-participation Physical Forms must be printed, completed and returned to your student's school, as indicated below. If you are mailing the forms, please make a copy for your record.
For Ice Hockey & Swimming, forms are due by October 25, 2021.
For Basketball, Wrestling, & Indoor Track & Field, forms are due November 8, 2021.
Completed medical forms should be sent to:
Summit High School
125 Kent Place Boulevard
Summit, NJ 07901
Attention: Athletic Trainers
IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A NEW PHYSICIAN PHYSICAL FORM, please be aware that there is at least two weeks processing time as it must be.
1. Reviewed by the ATHLETIC TRAINER
2. Reviewed by the SCHOOL DOCTOR
3. Returned to ATHLETIC TRAINER for final review before the student-athlete is cleared to participate.
YOU MUST PICK EITHER # 1 OR # 2 BELOW AND RETURN TO SCHOOL TO COMPLETE SUBMISSION PROCESS
1. Your most current Pre-participation Physical Evaluation form from your physician. Be sure to include page 1, the Health History Form. Incomplete forms will be returned and delay the clearance process.
"Please be sure the doctor completes the vision portion of the exam. If your child sees an eye doctor, attach their yearly report to the physical. A vision test is a REQUIRED part of the exam and must be completed by the physician. Any physical without all vital signs and vision exam will be returned to the parent and will delay the start play for your child."
2. The Health History form if you do not need a new physical before the first official day of practice.