Focus Areas & Goals
In April 2018, the Board of Education approved the 2018-2021 Focus Areas:
Focus Area 1: Pursue scholarly excellence for each and every diverse learner by consistently providing a multifaceted, global educational experience at all levels
Focus Area 2: Provide an environment for students and teachers to cultivate a shared love of learning by supporting creativity and inspiration, and dedication in all phases of the educational journey
Focus Area 3: Sustain superior academic programs through strategic investment and targeted financial decision making to optimize the overall educational opportunities for our students
2019-2020 DISTRICT GOALS...
Goal 1: All students in grades 2-8 and grade 9 Algebra 1 will master each targeted math and ELA skills as outlined by their individualized learning plans from the IXL Continuous Diagnostic Assessment.
Goal 2: The Summit Public Schools will evaluate current programming and create a revision plan, at all grade levels and across all disciplines, that identifies areas where interdisciplinary themes and/or units of study can be added to provide more opportunities for experiential learning.
Goal 3: The Summit Public Schools will further cultivate a love of learning and a collaborative culture of excellence and use cutting-edge educational practices to carry out three (3) initiatives in the areas of:
1. Social Emotional Learning with a focus on stress management and self-management (coping skills);
· Evaluate current practices, research new practices, and implement a district-wide social and emotional plan of action that allows all staff to meet the needs of our students-with a focus on stress management and self-management (coping skills).
2. Strengthening culturally inclusive learning, and;
· Evaluate current practices, research new practices, and design a plan to implement to a more positive culturally inclusive learning experiences for staff and students.
3. Effectively adapting to changing pedagogical research and remaining current with educational trends.
· The Administrative Council (District and School Leadership) will construct an action plan for their own professional development. Topics to explore are the following: technology/digital citizenship, STEAM, design learning, learning communities and social/emotional learning. The administrators will create a culture for professional learning that aligns with the targeted needs of their respective schools to improve student achievement.