Additional Application Information for Substitutes
We would like to thank you for your interest in the Summit Public Schools. We are looking for qualified substitutes who are committed to positively interacting with our students, working collaboratively with our staff and keeping our program moving forward while a regular teacher is absent. We appreciate your interest in the Summit Public Schools.
For processing/review of completed paperwork, please call Valerie Bampe at 908-918-2100, ext. 3208 to schedule an appointment to return all required documents.
“Every child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark.” - Chinese Proverb
Should you have any questions please call Valerie Bampe at 908-918-2100, ext. 3208.
- To become a substitute in our school district
- Paperwork to Become a Summit Substitute Teacher
- SUBSTITUTE RATES - 2017/2018 SCHOOL YEAR
- Additional Information for Applicants
To apply for a State of New Jersey Substitute Teacher’s Credential (and you have sixty (60) college credits), you will be required to do the following:
- Complete a State of New Jersey Substitute Teacher’s Credential attaching a $125 bank check or money order payable to “The Commissioner of Education”. NOTE: The $125 fee will be collected when you return your criminal history clearance letter to the Board Office.
- Substitute Nurses: If you do not possess a school nurse certificate, you must apply for a State of New Jersey Substitute Teacher’s Credential and provide current RN license and transcripts.
All prospective candidates (teachers/nurses/support staff) will be required to complete the following:
- Cover Letter
- Reference Check Form* Please also provide two to three letters of reference for our district. The letters of reference should be from former employers/supervisors. Letters may also be character references from community, civic or volunteer organizations and/or colleagues with whom you have worked who can attest to your character and ability to work effectively and positively with students. The letters of reference may also be the names of those you’ve listed as personal contacts on your reference sheet.
- Complete the Online Application.
- Bring in original NJ Substitute Certificate or NJ Teaching Certificate.
- Substitute Credential Application (if applicable)*
- Request official sealed college transcripts, indicating a minimum of sixty (60) college credits; undergraduate/graduate.
- Finger Printing Procedures
- Mantoux Immunization (negative results) – show proof of test within the last 6 months.
- Copy of RN License (nurse candidates only)
- Oath of Allegiance* (non-citizen Oath is the second page of the document) (DO NOT SIGN until returned; signature must be notarized. (We have notaries here in the Board Office.)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification*
- District Emergency Form*
- W-4 (Federal and State)*
- Direct Deposit Form* (this is not to be completed until we have received your criminal history clearance and you have been board approved)
All “ * ” items may be obtained from the “Employment Forms” link.