Planned Bond Issuance
Summit Public Schools is proud and excited to embark on a new Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics (STEAM) initiative which invites students to explore opportunities at all educational levels. With new STEAM innovation labs underway at the elementary schools thanks to the Summit Educational Foundation, this planned bond issuance will allow us to create state-of-the-art spaces for our middle and high school students who will truly benefit from innovative learning experiences. This bond will not only enhance our STEAM opportunities, but will also address the District's longstanding facility upgrades.
The planned bond issuance was originally introduced to the Board of Education in April 2022. The presentation below, Investing in our Future, was presented by Summit administrators at the May 2022 Board of Education meeting. The presentation below Investing in our Future was shared at a public forum hosted by the District on May 23, 2022.
Please click through the following presentation slides to learn more about the planned bond issuance. Below both slideshows, you will see a YouTube video of the recorded presentations from Summit administrators.
- how does this bond impact student achievement?
- What are the instructional components of this bond?
- what are the non-instructional components of this bond?
- what is a bond and how does it relate to the district's budget?
- What is the timeline of the process?
- Who votes on the planned bond issuance?
- What is the District's bond history?
- What are the tax implications and estimated costs?